Sunday, March 05, 2006

 

Running Into An Old Classmate


I was sitting in the waiting room for my first appointment with a new dentist. I noticed the name on his DDS diploma. That name reminded me of a tall, handsome, dark-haired boy with that same name that was in my high school class some 40-odd years ago. Could this be the same guy that I had a big crush on, way back then?

When I saw him, I knew this couldn't be the same person. He was a balding, gray-haired man with a deeply lined face; he was far too old to have been my classmate. "But wait," I thought. "Maybe that is him. Something looks familiar in that old face."

After he examined my teeth, I asked him if he had attended Central High School.

"Why, yes I did," he answered. "I am a Tiger," he said with pride.

"When did you graduate," I asked.

"I was in the class of 1964," he said. "Why do you ask?"

Shocked, I answered, "You were in my class."

He looked at me very closely for a few seconds, then the wrinkled old goat asked me, "What did you teach?"


Technorati Tags: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

© Copyright 2006 - 2014, James H. Shott  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?